SUNY Oswego | Tomorrow – Greater Impact and Success
- Welcome: Our Past as Prologue
- Our Mission in Our Times
- Performance Drivers, Key
Indicators and Impacts
Impacts Upon Our
Our academic quality is demonstrated, extended, recognized, sought-after and heralded.
SUNY Oswego's unique education ecosystem is driven by devoted, passionate, diverse and talented faculty and staff who work collaboratively, resourcefully, and creatively to enhance our dynamic course offerings, programs, and research as well as the applied learning experiences we provide. They volunteer and contribute in the community and around the globe.
Create and deliver innovative, rigorous academic programs that match society and student need and maintain existing programs that have proven effective.
- New faculty and staff to support high-need programs
- Hybrid and online courses
- Winter and summer session courses
- Summer session total enrollment: 2,282 (Summer 2017)
- Winter session total enrollment: 947 (Winter 2018)
- Opportunities and programs for adult and alternative learners
- Open SUNY+
- Master of Business Administration (Wave 1, Open SUNY+)
- MBA in Health Services Administration (Wave 1, Open SUNY+)
- Advanced Certificate in Health and Wellness (Wave 2, Open SUNY+)
Support for High-Need Programs
- Geographically diverse clinical placement and practicum partners
- Total # of districts = 101 (2017-2018)
- Total # of schools = 189 (2017-2018)
- Total # of counties = 36 (2017-2018)
- Total # of placements = 813 (2017-2018)
- Total # international placements = 1 (Australia)
- Total # out-of-state placements = 1 (New Jersey)
- View our in-state placements map (2017-2018)
- Cooperative education partners
- Formal (for credit) internship opportunities
- Work-study opportunities
- Co-curricular transcript
- Student grant funding opportunities
Such as Travel Grants (R.I.S.E.), Faculty-Student Challenge Grants, Student Scholarly and Creative Activity Grants, Undergraduate Research Assistantships (URA), Rice Creek Field Station Small Grants, Helen Bohmer Daly Memorial Research Grants, GETGO! Global Experience Travel Grant
- Courses and projects available
- Study abroad and exchange
SUNY Oswego has study abroad and exchange partners in the following countries: Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica , Honduras, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Benin, Dem Rep of Congo, England, Ireland, Scotland, France , Germany, Poland , Hungary, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand , India
- International research partnerships
Hire and maintain diverse and accomplished faculty and staff and ensure that equitable employment policies and practices are in place across the institution.
- Number of faculty (full-time and part-time)
377 = full-time (Fall 2017)
196 = part-time (Fall 2017)
573 = total (Fall 2017)
- Faculty with terminal degrees
- Equitable job search process
- Endowed faculty positions and awards
- Gender of full-time faculty and staff
- Race/ethnicity of full-time faculty and staff
- Employee on-boarding presentations that cover history of the college, the hallmarks of an Oswego education, signature programs, strategic plan priorities and college traditions
Incorporate and infuse dynamic and effective teaching practices in curriculum across the college.
- Instructional designers
- Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)
- SUNY Innovative Instruction Technology Grants (IITG)
- Curriculum innovation grants
Technology Initiative Project (TIP): $75,000 provided in annual funding to faculty and staff by Campus Technology Services. This funding is intended for academic initiatives that relate to instruction, student usage, improving student usage, and/or improving student learning through the use of technology.
Implement robust and creative professional development activities readily accessible to all faculty and staff.
- Number of programs
259 workshops run for faculty and staff by SUNY Oswego's CELT (Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching) (2017-2018)
- Diversity of programs
- Participation in programs
Total (duplicated) participation in 2017-2018 SUNY Oswego's CELT workshops equaled 1,425.
Empower and recognize faculty and staff participation in collaborative and cross-cutting research and creative work.
- Scholarly publications
- Conference presentations
- Exhibitions, performances and shows
- Funded research projects
- Faculty grant and fellowship opportunities
- Faculty scholarly and creative recognition opportunities